Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Build for 2010
Ok everyone.  Here is where you list what your working on for the Winter Season.

Project #1:  A 29mm 1.26 rocket, motor ejection, parachute recovery, rail buttons.
Project #2:  Building 5 electronics bays.  Smile
Project #3:  A 29mm 3" rocket, short and fat, parachute recovery, motor ejection, rail buttons.
Project #4:  A 38mm 2.6 rocket, dual deploy, dual chutes recovery, av bay, rail buttons.
Project #5:  Modified existing rockets with electronics bays.
Project #6:  The Big Kahuna!!!  I have a 5.5 Nike Smoke under construction.  It is over 6' tall, dual deploy, has dual home made parachutes, glassed body,  fiberglass nosecone, electronics bay, and uses 54mm motor mount 34" long.  Is this my L3?  Nope.  It is my practice L3.  Smile

Linda will list her projects separately.

Happy building everyone.
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Jim, do you and Linda need to use my garage shop to do the modifications on your rockets? I'll be glad to help you if you want to come over.
I just wanna fly ROCKETS!!

Dutch
(11-29-2009, 02:14 PM)Mike Dutch link Wrote: Jim, do you and Linda need to use my garage shop to do the modifications on your rockets? I'll be glad to help you if you want to come over.

Dutch.  Thanks for the offer.  As we progress and have needs I'll let you know. You do have a heated garage don't you?    ;D
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Jim,

I am still trying to find a Saturday to help you and Linda out.  It's been very busy with hockey et al.

As for my winter projects...only one in the concept stage now.

Kevin O'Classen (Vermont) and I have talked about a 3 motor cluster of Contrail K265's. He has two of the motors and I have one. If you remember my May launch flight its the sparky hybrid which is very loud and burns for 7 seconds.  It will be spectacular if we can pull it off.  Don't know the flight venue yet as we don't have the rocket designed yet.  It might fly at NYPOWER if we can keep in under the ceiling and all the planes are in the Hangar and we have our in-flight abort system debugged.  It's hard enough lighting one hybrid motor let alone 3.

John Derimiggio
(11-29-2009, 08:56 PM)jderimig link Wrote: Jim,

I am still trying to find a Saturday to help you and Linda out.  It's been very busy with hockey et al.

As for my winter projects...only one in the concept stage now.

Kevin O'Classen (Vermont) and I have talked about a 3 motor cluster of Contrail K265's. He has two of the motors and I have one.

John. 
No problem, we understand.  As for your project...if anyone can pull it off it'll be you.  Besides, with your new igniters they should lite almost anything.  We could however borrow a missile system from the Army and shoot your rocket down if it heads for the HAG.  Smile
Jim
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
(11-29-2009, 08:56 PM)jderimig link Wrote: Jim,

and we have our in-flight abort system debugged.  It's hard enough lighting one hybrid motor let alone 3.

I don't think the big red abort button that make the rocket go "boom" would be a good idea. Though Mike might like to press that button. ;D

Al
I see the quote didn't work as intended. Oh well on to more serious stuff.

Projects in no particular order:

1) Finish AV bay for Wildman Jr
2) Performance Rocketry G3
3) 4" 38mm Mosquito
4) Performance Rocketry TBD
5) Hybrid rocket TBD

And anything else that sneaks in.

Al
Is this the abort mechanism you are going to use John?  ;D

[img][/img]
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Jim please don't tell me you actually own that piece of hardware.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
(01-02-2010, 12:00 AM)Bill Clune link Wrote: Jim please don't tell me you actually own that piece of hardware.

Bill.... I'm almost afraid to tell you what he's got hidden around here...

Okay. Jim's been bugging me to post my builds. Nothing like attending an ice cold windy launch to get the rocket blood boiling!

1) My AMRAAM 4.... It'll be going dual deploy (hence all those e-bays that Jim's working on)
2) An original design... all from the squashed nosecose from Red-Hot & Blue. Thanks to Nat. (and yes, we will RocSim or she'll just be a display model)
3) HoJo! This fiberglass kit was a gift from Jim. Love that Bling!
4) Repairs to Bling & Red-Hot & Blue.... Mostly paint.

Linda