Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fire supresssion and control
What do folks think about getting a fire broom for our launches? 
Talking with some fire experts recently they recommended this, along with use of water based fire extinguishers, as opposed to chemical ones, for grass fires..
Greg
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
I do believe that our fire extinguishers are filled with water Greg. But a fire broom is an excellent idea!
MaryBeth Clune L3
M2100 MG
When I helped put out the fire on Linda's Der Red Max the extinguisher was outputting white foam, so I just assumed that was chemical..
Anyway it never hurts to look into things...
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
Greg, that isn't a bad idea at all.  They are inexpensive.  I, (member) would recommend the club purchase two (3) of them.  This way there are two (2) extinguishers located at either end of the high power pads, and one (1), at the away cell.

MARS does use water fire extinguishers, as stated by MB. Fire brooms are a nice complement to our extinguishers.
Here is a link to fire brushes, and the price ($19.00), is quite reasonable. Just cut and paste the link into your Browser search window.

http://firesafetyusa.com/search.aspx?search=fire+brooms

Jim Goggins
AKA The Shredder
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Thanks Jim!
To be clear you are recommending we purchase 3 fire brushes, correct?
I assume it's brushes as I think we have we have 3 water fire extinguishers already.
Folks can correct me on that if I am wrong..
Greg
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
We have (4) water extinguishers.

N
These are cheep I would think a $100 would be well spent if a sparky starts a problem.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Greg. Yes, I recommend we purchase 3 fire brooms.
Jim
Jim Goggins NAR  L3