Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NYPOWER T-30 days!
The new MARS BoD and NYPOWER Committee Intends to make NYPOWER 20 a Celebration of 20yrs of this great event. An event launch is a lot of work but that work can and should be a lot of fun! We will begin setup on Friday morning at 9AM, for those who help we will be bringing lunch and beverages (Subway). We encourage everyone to please take a range duty spot to help lighten the load for everyone. 

The NYPOWER Committee has been very busy! A few things to fill people in on. 

Saturday is going to be epic, 
  • We are going to leave the High Power Waiver open for as long as the FAA will allow, in our previous experience that will most likely be DUSK.
  • Starting at 5PM Rochester's favorite BBQ "the 3 Legged Pig" will be serving a Chicken or BBQ rib dinner for a very reasonable price.
  • At 6PM we will be conducting an auction of many Classic Estes, Centuri kits and a Bunch of classic MOTORS!
  • When the Sun goes down we will begin a NIGHT LAUNCH!

All weekend we will be holding 2 actual HIGH Power competitions Mach Madness and Mile High

Details on the website http://nypower.org

Auction Details... http://nypower.org/auction/
MaryBeth Clune L3
M2100 MG
Quote:MaryBeth Clune L2
Isn't it high time you updated this? Wink
I like rockets!
Shame on me you are right Mike!

Updated!
MaryBeth Clune L3
M2100 MG
Also we have the bucket of rockets build for the kids, where free rockets and engines will be given out, along with a build session, and then flying the rockets built later that same day.
Whether it's these special events, the other new approaches the BOD and committee have taken for this year's event, or the fact that this is our 20th NYPOWER, the number of fliers registered to attend has already more than exceeded our expectations! Our T shirts have been selling like hot cakes!
Be sure to join us in Geneseo Memorial Day weekend for our special 20th anniversary NYPOWER event. This is one event you won't want to miss!
Greg
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
Got word yesterday that the field has been mowed! Check!
MaryBeth Clune L3
M2100 MG
Awesome.
John Derimiggio
What's awesome is going to be the comradery of all of our club members and fliers, and of course the featured flights, like the full sized Patriot Missile: http://nypower.org/featured-flights/

Greg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
Hi All, AMW wants to get a group photo at NYPOWER on Saturday with the full scale Patriot. If you want to join in please bring a Red, white or Blue tshirt. see you soon.
MaryBeth Clune L3
M2100 MG
I want to thank everyone that came to NYPOWER 20, I hope everyone enjoyed the event! JD and David R. did a awesome job reworking the clubs launch system, thank you. Tom C. Was kept busy taking rockets out to the away cell, you rock! Thank you to Greg Young, Tom McCarthy and Bill Clune for all the hard work that you put into making this a great event!
And thank you to all the vendors that came without you guys events don't happen!!!
MaryBeth Clune
MaryBeth Clune L3
M2100 MG
(06-02-2016, 01:36 PM)mbclune Wrote: I want to thank everyone that came to NYPOWER 20, I hope everyone enjoyed the event! JD and David R. did a awesome job reworking the clubs launch system, thank you. Tom C. Was kept busy taking rockets out to the away cell, you rock! Thank you to Greg Young, Tom McCarthy and Bill Clune for all the hard work that you put into making this a great event!
And thank you to all the vendors that came without  you guys events don't happen!!!
MaryBeth Clune

Thank you MB for your hardwork and LD.  Best NYPOWER yet.
John Derimiggio