Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYPOWER 20 BFR's and other good things
Big Grin 
Hey everyone out there in rocket land.   Tis I, The Shredder. Smile

If you have been thinking I would like to go to NSL but for some reason you can't make it, the second best event in the North East is NYPOWER!

Have any of you taken a look at the BFR's that are in the FEATURED FLIGHTS page at http://nypower.org/ ?  Well, It's one of the biggest rocket lineups
for our NYPOWER event that I have ever encountered.  Now is the time to pass on our web site address to any and all that
love rockets.  Not to mention, order your 20th Anniversary commemorative shirts.  Don't forget to register. Big Grin

This years NYPOWER is not only the 20th Anniversary of the event, but it will have special competition events, auctions, 50/50 cash splits, night launch, and
drawings just to name a few.  Vendors galore for all the rocket supplies you need or just drool over.

So please, once again, let everyone know that this is the one event that you don't want to miss.  Low to no crops, grass launch area,
and very friendly atmosphere in which to bring children to fly or watch.  Either will be fun and exciting.
Oh and food!  Did I mention food?  BBQ, burgers and other such delights await you on the field.

See you there!
The Shredder
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Folks be sure to check out our featured flights page, where you will see the full sized Patriot Missile we are planning on launching during NYPOWER 20! Its last launch was in Lucern, a few years back..
Don't forget the freebies for the kids:
1) build your own rocket (to keep) under the supervision of a volunteer who is joining us from Ohio I believe, or
2) have the kids grab a rocket from a bucket of rockets, be given an engine to fly it, and then recover it, and return it to the bucket for the next lucky child to fly!
As Jim mentioned there will be an auction of rare kits including some from G Harry Stine's Model Missile Works, which as most know predates Estes industries.
The BBQ dinner Saturday night, followed by the auction, then continued flying until dusk, followed by flying after dark, will be something you don't want to miss!
See you in Geneseo Memorial Day weekend!
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234