Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September Launch (5th & 6th)
"L" launch rods available with a ladder ??  Sparkies OK ??  Weather forecast sounds good.

Thanks
The club has a ladder at the high power rails for use. Sparkies are OK if there was rain in the last few days. otherwise the grass may be to dry. We will have to see on a day to day basis. but as of now I don"t see a problem with them
L2  NAR 89463....TRA 14014
The only issue for this weekend launch is the grass.  It will be a bit high so Model Rockets will be difficult to locate.

Early morning dew makes for wet shoes. Be prepared.

The crops are in full swing so remember; trackers are required for larger rockets. Limited amount of Club trackers are available for loan.

Don't forget the Chicken Dinner hosted by the Museum. Good eats.  For those that have not attended the HAG chicken dinner, your in for a treat.  The meat falls off the bone.  You get many sides, drinks, and deserts.

I am not sure if Linda and I will make the launch.  I won't have a ride to the field.  She has to work Saturday and study Sunday for school as well as shop and do things for her Mom.  Hopefully we'll make it there.  If not, we wish everyone fun, great launching and good eats.

Jim and Linda
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
(09-04-2015, 05:32 AM)mpleban link Wrote: The club has a ladder at the high power rails for use. Sparkies are OK if there was rain in the last few days. otherwise the grass may be to dry. We will have to see on a day to day basis. but as of now I don"t see a problem with them

Speaking of rails... Mike, you had mentioned having a rail we could use with Amanda's Psycho Daddy that keeps getting hung up on the rods ( being so stubby and some interference with the vinyl covering... ) Is that for mini or micro rail buttons?
The rail I have is for Mini Buttons
L2  NAR 89463....TRA 14014
(09-04-2015, 07:38 AM)Jim Goggins link Wrote: I am not sure if Linda and I will make the launch.  I won't have a ride to the field.

Jim and Linda
I wish I'd read this a couple days ago.  My understanding is that you're in North Chili, and I'm on the Ogden border, so it would be no trouble to drive one town over.  Plenty of room in the buick.  I just don't usually leave until close to noon though.
(09-06-2015, 01:52 AM)Chris Conley link Wrote: [quote author=Jim Goggins link=topic=452.msg4766#msg4766 date=1441366686]
I am not sure if Linda and I will make the launch.  I won't have a ride to the field.

Jim and Linda
I wish I'd read this a couple days ago.  My understanding is that you're in North Chili, and I'm on the Ogden border, so it would be no trouble to drive one town over.  Plenty of room in the buick.  I just don't usually leave until close to noon though.
[/quote]

Chris.
I appreciate the offer even if it's late.  I'm in a wheel chair and it doesn't fit into some vehicles.  I also have to see if I can get into the vehicle myself.  One day I hope to have my own transportation.

Thanks again and I hope you had fun at the launch.
jg
Jim Goggins NAR  L3