Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYPOWER DAY 1
FRIDAY- with picture perfect weather and lots of fliers there is no wonder we had nearly 200 flights!
Even the HAG Hut opened today with great hots, burgers and sausage for all to enjoy.  It was a win/win in my book. I believe fun was had by all. Almost no wind made most recoveries a snap. We had several flights exceeding 7000 feet come down in the adjoining fields, though in corn! Still all were recoverd. There were also several succesful cert flights.
Several fliers commented on how well the event was run and offered thanks.

My hats off to all Mars members who tirelessly help in every way. There are NO small parts. All help adds up to success.

If today was any clue of what is in store for Sat and Sun it should be awesome!
Wow,  200 flights on a NYPOWER friday is close to as good as it gets.
John Derimiggio
I have pictures taken from around the field (not rockets in flight, those are in the capable hands of Jim!), showing the preflight briefings, some of the tents, etc..
Was trying to post them here, but even shrunk for webpage use, they are 256K, which is double the size allowed to attach to this note.
Any suggestions on how I could upload them would be appreciated!
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
I will change the attach limit, tonight or tomorrow.

N
Thanks Nat!
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
(07-27-2013, 09:20 PM)gyoung link Wrote: I have pictures taken from around the field (not rockets in flight, those are in the capable hands of Jim!), showing the preflight briefings, some of the tents, etc..
Was trying to post them here, but even shrunk for webpage use, they are 256K, which is double the size allowed to attach to this note.

If you size the pictures to about 800pixels wide and save as a JPG the file size should not be much above 50K.  Any picture above 1000 pixels wise exceeds the resolution of most screens.  For example the PIC of Linda's reentry is only 64K.
John Derimiggio
(07-27-2013, 09:20 PM)gyoung link Wrote: I have pictures taken from around the field (not rockets in flight, those are in the capable hands of Jim!), showing the preflight briefings, some of the tents, etc..

You want to keep the  resolution for web as low as possible for speed.

First thing is to resize your image
Your image size for your camera is around  4900 x 3200 or higher ( large image size)
There are shareware programs that can resize your image to 800 x 500
after the image is smaller I use photoshop 2.0 and save for web.
Should be 512k limit now for attachments.  Remember that large images when clicked on end up being larger than the screen... anyway, the increase should allow for a bit of lee-way.

N
thanks Nat!
Guys I was in a hurry Friday night to get these pictures out (on my FB page to invite folks to our weekend launch), so I used Microsoft Office photo tools, which shrank these down from 18 megapixel starting size to 256K, which was their algorhythm for webpage postings. Next time I'll go back to my main program (A photoshop), where I can tailor it a little better.
At this point I don't want to resize an already resized picture, and risk deterioration in quality..
Let's see how it goes. If it doesn't work out I'll resize further...
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234