Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Bertha Rises Again
For those of you than witnessed the spectacular demise of Big Bertha, she has begun her arduous journey to recovery.  Nose cone repaired.  Body tube glassed.  Upper section repaired.  Avionics, repaired with newly improved av sled.  In other words, next week I hope to have it together ready for paint.  8)
Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
No one can rebuild a rocket as quickly and efficiently as the shredder!  Wink
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
(06-26-2013, 02:39 PM)Jim Goggins link Wrote: For those of you than witnessed the spectacular demise of Big Bertha, she has begun her arduous journey to recovery.  Nose cone repaired.  Body tube glassed.  Upper section repaired.  Avionics, repaired with newly improved av sled.  In other words, next week I hope to have it together ready for paint.  8)
Jim

Ready for NYPOWER
this time, for heaven's sake, use a smaller parachute, or test the deployment!  On the other hand, I do have quite a stock of 3/8 plywood, so I suggest you grip it and rip it.

N
(06-27-2013, 03:07 PM)Nat Kinsey link Wrote: I suggest you grip it and rip it.

N

*as george takei* oh myyyyy
I like rockets!
I still have that M-840 long burn...  ;D

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
I like, Dale-  maybe I should make the parts now for the re-re-replacement?  ???

N
You guys are tough!  ;D ;D
Ignore them Jim!
I am confident of your skills.. but then again, Nat does have extra wood, just in case...  Wink
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
Man.  This IS a tough crowd but I am immune.  Then again, so is some of my rockets.  Immune that is to comeing back in one piece.  Bertha will rise again. Having said that, I did order another 5.5 tube from Ken "just in case"
Stand by Nat.  :Smile

The Shredder
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Jim,

sounds like you need to start engineering modular rockets.

Fin can can be rebuilt on the spot with replacement fins...  Buy a new tube from Ken on the spot and let the kids "paint" it with a fat boy sharpie... then fly again.

Nat... Better get started. NYPower is only a few weeks away.
I like rockets!