Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Ordered a Mad Cow Fiberglass Arcas
38mm motor tube, G-10 glass throughout, G10 fins. This will be my first true mach-breaker. The sim suggests better than mach 1.4 on a CTI J530. Can't fly that motor at Geneseo though. I will have to take it to Potter for that flight. It has a decent sized-payload bay for a 2.6" diameter rocket so it will carry two cameras along with my tracker. I will use the Arcas paint configuration but instead of red and white, I think I will go with red and chrome. I ordered the additional bulkplates needed to make it DD and will get the Hardware locally. I've found buying the hardware at the store and making my own AV bay costs a lot less money.
Evan Brown
NAR# 92851
Level 2
Evan, you are a roll building rockets this year!  8)
Now, if I can get a little of your motivation properly channeled, I'll start to work on a few of my own.
I keep promising myself I'll get started, but it seems things just keep getting in the way (work related of course)
Greg
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
I was more judicious with funds. I had an Aerotech Arcas that could take up to a large G, but I lawn-darted it on New Years Day 2012. This is a great-flying design, and though it is the same size as the Aerotech, nothing else is similar. Nice thing is that this can be built as DD and have a real payload bay. I am going to put 2 cameras onboard, one facing the horizon and one facing aft. Who knows. if it is humid enough I might be able to catch the sound cone as it goes supersonic.
Evan Brown
NAR# 92851
Level 2
I will look forward to seeing that rocket soar! What maximum altitude does it sim out to on a J?
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
With a CTI J530 it sims out to 9,500'. Obviously I won't be using THAT motor at Geneseo. A CTI J520 should take it up to about 8,000' and still hit Mach 1.2.
Evan Brown
NAR# 92851
Level 2
That's a nice looking build Evan!
At first I thought the NC was plastic, until I saw its interior. 8)
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234