Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Daddy Drag Race
Alas, the Big Daddy Drag Race that was suppose to be run during LDRS 28 only had one competitor ready for it. So it was decided that the race would be moved to NYPOWER 14 and run there. This will give the other three a chance to finally complete thier Big Daddy's as well.

I would also like to see more than four Big Daddy's there so if you have one or are currently building one and could be ready in time for this race, then all are welcome to enter. The rules were blatently stolen from last years Fat Boy drag race with the NYPOWER 13/14's planning committee's permission. So you should already know the rules.

I suppose we could also open this race to allow Fat Boy's to fly as well, but you will lose 20 points from your score if you fly a Fat Boy instead of the Big Daddy.

So if you have a Big Daddy or a Fat Boy that you would like to fly in this race, then join us and fly your rocket. The only big difference this year is that Nat has requested that we fly before 6:30 in the evening this time.

Mike Dutch

I just wanna fly ROCKETS!!

Dutch
I'll look for mine this weekend.
John Derimiggio
I hope it is before 6:30!! I WILL be ready!!
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Are Drag Races held each year?  Inquiring minds and future purchasers would like to know.
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
they don't always happen mostly they are the result of trash talking or stirring up gorilla dust. Personally I am not much of a trash talker but i can stir the gorilla dust with the best of them.

I must say that I have created the BEST upsize of an estes classic ever built!! knowone has even come close!!

[Image: knee7rm.gif]
I have no Big Daddy.  Darn!  But wait...there's more!  I do happen to have a newly constructed Tethys though.

Jim
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
http://www.performancehobbies.com go cheap!! I bought heavy pml tube G10 fins a fiberglass nose and this pig weighs 15 pounds. dutch has lighter pml tubes plastic cone wood fins and weighs a lot less. move quick you can get it flyable by NYPOWER i am sure.
Build another rocket?  Sure, I love to but...<sigh>  I'll have to check with my Minister of Finance.  This does not look promising.
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
(07-08-2009, 08:51 AM)Mike Dutch link Wrote: I suppose we could also open this race to allow Fat Boy's to fly as well, but you will lose 20 points from your score if you fly a Fat Boy instead of the Big Daddy.

How many points do you lose if a Fat Boy flies a Big Daddy?

Do Big Daddy's who fly a Fat Boy get an extra 20pts?
John Derimiggio
well dutch how will that work and what constitutes a big daddy flying a fatboy?