Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto primer and paint recommendations
I am pretty sure spectators are welcome during the entire event. I have 2 rockets that I want to fly so I am going to go Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather.
Evan Brown
NAR# 92851
Level 2
Greg,

Spectators are welcome at LDRS.  There will be a LOT of people there and not all of them will fly.  Here is the spectator info for LDRS:

http://ldrs31.org/spectators/

I've never been to Potter, so I cannot give you specific field advice about parking etc., but I am sure they will have it all planned out.  NAR only fliers can only fly on the commercial days (Sat and Sun), Tripoli fliers can fly any day they want.

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Thanks Evan and Dale!
Since I am not yet HP certified, (although I hope to get L1 at an upcoming MARS launch) I have nothing worthy of flying at LDRS so my plans were to attend as a spectator.
Having a large family get together that Saturday leaves me only Friday to attend (with a remote possibility of Sunday, depending on post party clean-up and the need to stay married...  Wink).
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
(07-09-2012, 03:54 PM)gyoung link Wrote:depending on post party clean-up and the need to stay married...  Wink).

Some Wisdom for you, your new here.
365 days in a year
13 days of flying with MARS in Geneseo.
half of those days the Weather will SUCK!!
if your wife wont let you have 13 days to fly rockets She needs to get her priorities in order!
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Wow, you really WERE busy with LDRS.  I thought for sure your would have dusted this wisdom off for Greg by now! ;D

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Clear coat - I use future floor wax ( it is not a wax). It is actually a clear acrylic perfectly thinned for any airbrush or spray gun and it is cheap! It also doesn't yellow (so far from what I have experienced).

I have used this on all my rockets and it works very well over decals as well. Next best thing to an epoxy based auto clear.

David
Great tip, thanks Dave!
Greg
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
(07-19-2012, 09:47 PM)Bill Clune link Wrote:[quote author=gyoung link=topic=289.msg3223#msg3223 date=1341863659]
depending on post party clean-up and the need to stay married...  Wink).

Some Wisdom for you, your new here.
365 days in a year
13 days of flying with MARS in Geneseo.
half of those days the Weather will SUCK!!
if your wife wont let you have 13 days to fly rockets She needs to get her priorities in order!
[/quote]

Sounds like good advice Bill. I have been married 35 years, so I think she won't mind getting rid of me for a few more days!  Wink
The weather does look iffy for Saturday, but who knows until Saturday am actually arrives...
BTW, it was nice briefly meeting you at LDRS. You were busy the two times I saw you. (David Haas introduced us)
Greg
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
(07-20-2012, 05:29 PM)Dale Stoyer link Wrote:Wow, you really WERE busy with LDRS.  I thought for sure your would have dusted this wisdom off for Greg by now! ;D

Dale

Dale I can vouch he was busy when I met him Friday. I wasn't able to attend Saturday/Sunday, so I can't vouch for those days.  Wink
Greg
Greg Young - L3
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
(07-20-2012, 05:29 PM)Dale Stoyer link Wrote:Wow, you really WERE busy with LDRS.  I thought for sure your would have dusted this wisdom off for Greg by now! ;D

Dale

Well, someone (Bill) had to do the work. Besides, Dutch was monopolizing the ATV from what I heard! ;D

David