Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JD Extreme Darkstar Build Thread
(05-18-2012, 09:26 AM)jderimig link Wrote:I always tie the recovery hardness to the motor forward closure.

I usually do that as a backup.  Not a lot of room on this narrow of a centering ring, though so that may be the best option here.

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
I never use harness mounted to the motor mount.  It is impossible to inspect it down there.
John Derimiggio
Ok Back AT it.

This weekend I got the parts painted.  White body, black nosecone, black lower end of booster with some white highlights.

Have an order into Graphix and Stuff for the name decal and vinyl flames for the top.

The rocket will be name "Stella Blanco" , white star in Italian.  I should have pics posted tomorrow of the work so far.

I will also be using some new switches.  They are locking toggle switches which I will also post.
John Derimiggio
Here's a pic of the high tech toggle switches on the altimeter-bay.

[Image: alt_bay_switches.JPG]
John Derimiggio
Locking toggles hum.......
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Can you say "snap!". Those toggles may catch on things and get busted..... Tongue

David

jeez, those things are gonna take about 5000 feet off your flight.... all that drag!!!  Can you get some billet CNC machine aluminum ones that are teardrop shaped?

N
(06-10-2013, 07:34 PM)Nat Kinsey link Wrote: jeez, those things are gonna take about 5000 feet off your flight.... all that drag!!!  Can you get some billet CNC machine aluminum ones that are teardrop shaped?

N

They will be toggled down for flight.  They will be opposite the rail buttons so that symmetrical drag will be on the rocket to insure no turning moments on the rocket, unlike all you other amateurs who don't compensate for this......
John Derimiggio
I am glad Dave said it first. I am sure they are the type that when they get caught by the harness and bust the will stay on. Just a pain to replace.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
(06-10-2013, 07:40 PM)Bill Clune link Wrote: I am glad Dave said it first. I am sure they are the type that when they get caught by the harness and bust the will stay on. Just a pain to replace.

You guys that tangle your stuff on the harnesses.  My harnesses break away to prevent that kind of stuff.
John Derimiggio