Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URRG training class (igniters and Recovery)
Hey Guys URRG is gonna have a class in farmington on Jan 21st. topics are Igniters and recovery.
ALL ARE WELCOME! even Goggins!

http://urrg.org/training-class1-21/
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Big Dawgs or whatever use ping pong balls for their nitrocellulose?    :Smile

N
Yes, it works BETTER than the store bought stuff at least for what we do with it.

Hey look my member level Just Changed to Hero!! yeah BABY!! How about that Goggins!!
Bill I hope that you pay strict attention to what is taught.  I want to see a dramatic improvement in your rocket recovery for 2012.  ;D
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Jim I make rockets, motors and igniter's to light them, notice I don't make parachutes or avionics!? The uppy part is fun recovery is exercise almost work! just point the rocket away from the crowd and push the button :o
Yep, that stick rocket was just about right.    :Smile

Bill- you're in the wrong hobby.  Wrong state too, for the right hobby for you.

N
Wrong state for sure. Wrong hobby no way I am afraid of stuff that explodes.
To All Rocketry Enthusiast,
Announcing;
URRG: Upstate Research Rocketry Group
TRA Prefecture #139

URRG first training class of 2012, January 21st at Leonard’s Express:
Exit 44 off State Route 90, to Rt 332 to Canandaigua, go up to the first light on 332, turn left, Leonard's Express is the 4th or 5th business on the left. Take the driveway on the left of the building and park in the back parking lot, come in the back door.

Training Class
Ever wonder why Dutch and Clune don’t have misfires of their igniters??
Ever wonder why your recovery doesn’t work as well as the big Dawg’s??

Mark you calendars….. on Jan 21st 10 – 12:30 URRG will be starting our training sessions and the first one is a good one! 1st hour Bill Clune will be teaching you how to make the world Famous URRG igniter. Everyone will leave with enough magic dust to make several hundred igniters.

Things you should bring if you really want to make some at home.

a Small masonry jar with a NEW lid cheap at Wegmans, (must be able to hold 8oz of acetone)
6 ping pong balls from Wal-Mart
1 quart can of acetone. Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Home Depot or any paint store
These Igniters and the method to make them have a 99.9% success rate in lighting everything from E18′s to Dutch’s big N motors. Clune has records of 221 out of 222 attempts the 1 failure was caused by a Dead Battery at the controller.

The second hour (I Guarantee Dutch will take longer) Dutch will be showing us the Proper way to fold a parachute, weather it's a small plastic chute or a huge nylon chute, how to setup our rigging and a quick overview of making and using an avionics bay. Hands down Dutch is one of hobbies big Dawg’s this will be something no one should miss.

January 21st at the Lenard’s Express Cafeteria in Farmington, NY that is less than a minute from the Canandaigua exit of I-90.

This Class is open to anyone interested in rocketry, there is NO charge to attend!

I just wanna fly ROCKETS!!

Dutch

"Ever wonder why Dutch and Clune don’t have misfires of their igniters??"

You mean like the New Year's Day igniters? They were nearly Aerotech in reliability  ;D

"Ever wonder why your recovery doesn’t work as well as the big Dawg’s??"

We are talking BILL CLUNE here, right?  Wink
FYI,
The igniters Bill made were the ones that he had trouble getting to work. Then I gave him one of mine and the rocket left the pad on the first try. I think he said he accidently used aluminum instead of magnesium in the mix, he should have it right for the class though.
I just wanna fly ROCKETS!!

Dutch