Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banquet raffle
I worked on a little project tonight for a banquet prize.  This is going to be design #1, kit #1 from the Kinsey skunkworks. 

About 35" long at the moment, 3" airframe, 38mm motor mount.  Through the wall fins with special centering rings.

Fins and rings cut on the router.  More details to come later!

N
Awesome!  I pretty much only fly 38mm and 75mm stuff so that would fit in nicely with my rag tag fleet.  (Note to self - buy raffle tickets)

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
The nose cone already has paint on it...  A lot of this kit is coming out of the scrap pile.  This cone was found by a farmer several years ago, never heard from an owner that was missing one. 

It's white.  But you can color it whatever you want.  Or leave it white.  :-)

I'm going to include an eyebolt and mount it in the nose cone.  Aren't I nice?

Nat
If this rocket kit is constructed to return to it's owner, then I am sure Bill C will take a ticket or two.  :Smile
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
There's no fiberglass anywhere in this thing.......  he won't want it. ;-)

N
We'll spice up Nat's prize a little bit.  It will also inlcude a MARSA54.
John Derimiggio
Now I'm going to have to buy tickets!

I don't have enough tube to make the kit dual deploy.  It would be super easy to do that, but the winner will have to buy the upper payload tube.

It could be cut down and made dual deploy as is, I suppose.  Room for parachutes would get small though. 

Might have to lengthen it?  I think it'll be stable as is. :-)

N
(11-22-2011, 11:51 AM)jderimig link Wrote:We'll spice up Nat's prize a little bit.  It will also inlcude a MARSA54.

Looks like I'll be getting in on that raffle.
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Nat is correct no glass and I will shred it. That is Jim's job Tongue
But the MARS altimeter yeah baby!! I am out of those too (except for Dale's) never had the heart to fly Dale's.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
(11-23-2011, 08:21 PM)Bill Clune link Wrote:Nat is correct no glass and I will shred it. That is Jim's job Tongue
But the MARS altimeter yeah baby!! I am out of those too (except for Dale's) never had the heart to fly Dale's.

Chicken.  You had it since the LAST Red Glare, plenty of time to give it a whirl.  If it matters at all I used the same model in my L3 and it performed flawlessly.  Every time you lose a rocket you lose an altimeter?  Why not fly the $40 altimeter I 'loaned' you?  Cheaper than losing RRC2's and MARS units.

Just sayin'

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499