Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54mm motors
I'm looking to make my first purchase in the 54mm class.  My brain is swimming with all the options.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  So far the Loki 54/2000 motor and loads are winning the rat race in my head.  But AMW is a close 2nd.  I have the 29 and 38 Aerotech sets and was thinking I should try a different manufacturer for my first 54.  Thanks for your suggestions.
Patrick Coady
(06-02-2009, 07:45 AM)Karmicavenger link Wrote: I'm looking to make my first purchase in the 54mm class.  My brain is swimming with all the options.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  So far the Loki 54/2000 motor and loads are winning the rat race in my head.  But AMW is a close 2nd. 
Patrick Coady

54-2000 gives you full K's.  The only downside with the Loki 54-2000 is there is not the selection in that size than some of the others. The 54-1200 has more loads but it is a full J class motor. The advantage of the Loki 54 is the smoke grains.

The other consideration is your supply.  If you plan to go mail order it doesn't matter much but if you are looking to get motors from Ken when he is at our launches you should check with him to see what he'll being stocking more of.

I am partial to the AMW54's.  You'll have the choice of AMW classics loads or the AMW-Prox loads.  Alot to choose from there.

For ease of use you can't beat the Cesaroni Pro54's.  You'll pay slightly more for a reload but the system is very simple.
John Derimiggio
Loki it is.  So I was wondering what igniter will work best with the Loki K motors.  Should I just dip igniter wire in pyrogen or maybe an ematch in pryogen or something else perhaps.........
I find the Loki's light very easily, especially if there is actually propellant in the motor Smile

I have found the easiest igniter is an ematch and a pyrodex pellet. They (pellets) come in 44 and 50 caliber.  The 44 may or may not fit through the nozzle throat.  I insert the pellet in top grain when I assemble the motor. 

John Derimiggio