Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starship Vega
Dave,

Inquiring minds want to know - any new pictures of the Vega?  Is there paint on it - decals perhaps?  How about a little sneak peek?

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Hopefully tomorrow. It is all painted (white) and I have been testing the deployment (need more BP!) , but managed to scrag my drogue chute because I forgot the kevlar shield. I am seeing if "Over the Top Toy Shop" might have another 54" chute for me.

If not, I need to find another of similar size. That said, I hope to start putting decals on it tomorrow. I will post pictures as soon as it has decals on it.

David
Dave,

If you need it I have a 48" kevlar chute that is 'un-scraggable' (okay it is just fireproof).  I know Jim is going to use it in his L3 deployment scheme, but you should be able to use it on yours as well.  More than welcome to it.  Worked fine on my 60+ lb Thumper. 

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Dave.

We have an additional 54" chute from PML with spill hole if you need one to use.
JG
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Jim /Dale,

Either of those sound great! Can you bring them and I will see which one will work best?

Thanks!

David
(08-07-2011, 09:17 AM)Dave Riedel link Wrote:Jim /Dale,

Either of those sound great! Can you bring them and I will see which one will work best?

Thanks!

David

No problem, we'll bring both of them. 
JG
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
(08-07-2011, 11:10 AM)Jim Goggins link Wrote:No problem, we'll bring both of them. 
JG

Not so fast, Jim.  I'm still waiting for a picture of the Vega!  Maybe if Dave posts a picture we can bring the chutes? Wink  Okay, we'll bring them either way - but how about a picture of the finished paintjob?  PLEASE! ;D

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Dale,

Paint job is not that exciting. It is all white! The decals are what make it. It will be a few days before I finish the decals and get a photo ready.

David
(08-08-2011, 10:57 AM)Dave Riedel link Wrote:Dale,

Paint job is not that exciting. It is all white! The decals are what make it. It will be a few days before I finish the decals and get a photo ready.

David

Fair enough.  Seeing it put together at NYPower was pretty cool - I can't wait to see it fly. 

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Decals are coming along and are really making this model "pop". It is taking a bit because it has a lot of full body wraps.

David