Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bull Pup L3 Rebuild
(08-09-2011, 07:50 AM)Dave Riedel link Wrote:Everyone has the thing that makes this hobby fun. Mine is building, of course. It would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing. ;D

David

That is one of the best things about this club - the diversity of interest.  Too often clubs like this veer off into one corner of the hobby to the detriment of others.  I wasn't really advocating that Bill pursue a certification for the heck of it - just confused about this line:

(08-08-2011, 04:06 PM)Bill Clune link Wrote:The L3 project really holds no interest to me until I can "legally" acquire 3" 4" and 6" motor cases.

If you want to fly N (and up) class motors, get the certification.  That was what I was thinking.  If you aren't interested in flying upper end HP stuff then why bother working on any certs?  I never wanted to be HP certified - I just wanted to fly bigger rockets with bigger payloads and that was a necessary step.

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
"I just wanted to fly bigger rockets with bigger payloads"

And now we are all scared! Tongue
(08-09-2011, 11:59 AM)Dave Riedel link Wrote:And now we are all scared! Tongue

You sure do scare EASY!  I'm not the one with the construction cone of doom as their avatar!

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Fair point, fair point.....

Guess I should be scared of Bill  :o
Construction cone of DOOM? that rocket was known as the Team Clune DPW. it flew once (sort of flew -- It went up in the air anyway) we even used it once as a test stand not sure what was funnier Big Grin it is happily back on duty as a construction cone.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
(08-10-2011, 05:09 PM)Bill Clune link Wrote:it is happily back on duty as a construction cone.

I would think it would be depressed now that it's career as an aeronaut is over.  It is probably just hoping it gets the chance to fly again someday.

Dale

P.S.  I still have that snowman...Just sayin' ;D
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo baby!