Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cert's and Rockets for 2011
Hi everyone. 

Anyone going for their Certification flights this year, has a BFR or other new rockets for 2011, lets hear what you have.

For those interested, I have completed my L3 Winter project (Mike Dutch L3CC inspected 4/28/11). It will be making it's Inaugural debut at the May 14/15 launch weekend (weather permitting).  I plan on sending it aloft using a CTI 75mm M3100 White Thunder.  For those that may have forgotten what my project is;  it is a 10" diameter Bull Pup.  I'm thinking some music playing the Death March from Star Wars might be appropriate.  After all, it is MY rocket we are talking about.

If everything goes according to plan, I will have ready for NYPOWER16, an upscale BFR called "Revenge of the Independence". It is similar to the 3.9 one that spectacularly shredded last year. This rocket will be 8" diameter and 12' tall.  I have the intention of launching it on a CTI 54mm L 1030 Red Lightning, same as I tried last year.  Hopefully with better results.

Jim
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
I think you should up the motor, see if you can repeat the shred....

N
there is not a commercial motor on earth next to an SRB that could shred that TANK.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
I was referring to his OTHER rocket, the one going up on the L something.  The bullpup would have a hard time shredding.  Might be able to flap a fin loose if you somehow went fast enough?

N
Okay folks, now that the new forum and website are up and running I can finally post the link to my L3 build website.

http://www.marsclub.org/~stoyer/

Check it out for a preview of what I hope to fly at Geneseo when the field dries out.

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Quote:I was referring to his OTHER rocket

If Jim Built it no need to put a larger motor in it that rocket is DOOMED ;D
At least he keeps them above ground, Bill!  ;D
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
I takes a lot to send a rocket down to the water table you should try it sometime.  Wink Subterranean Rocketry.
I am proud to wear the title "The Shredder". 
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
If memory serves me didn't you adopt that name for yourself? that makes not cool you know.