Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDEAS NEEDED... for NYPOWER 16 T-shirt design !
Another idea.  How about a picture of the Moon.  Around the outer perimeter print Monroe Aeronautical Rocket Society along with the year dates of the clubs existence.  On the bottom print Geneseo New York 2011.  Angled across cross the Moon would be a BFR with NPOWER16 printed along the air frame.  A smaller rocket under cute next to it somewhere over the moon imprint.  Front just NYPOWER 16.

(01-31-2011, 02:37 PM)Dave Riedel link Wrote: I like the idea (among many) of a couple of hick-looking, young kids ( with rockets and doe eyes looking at each other) with the caption "NYPOWER 16, Legal in most southern states".
David

Hey!  I resemble that remark.  Smile
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
(01-31-2011, 06:41 PM)Dave Riedel link Wrote: I leave the shirt design to you guys then....

Dave I was just joking....

Anyways your idea isn't as dumb as Goggins's.
John Derimiggio
(01-31-2011, 09:07 PM)jderimig link Wrote: [quote author=Dave Riedel link=topic=167.msg1964#msg1964 date=1296513713]
I leave the shirt design to you guys then....

Dave I was just joking....

Anyways your idea isn't as dumb as Goggins's.
[/quote]

Dumb is as dumb does.  Besides John, if you use my idea I can say now "that was a dumb thing to do".  Ha!
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
My point is to try and avoid a retread design. The 13 in NYPOWER 13 had significance. We have to find significance in NYPOWER 16 or just a cool idea. I think redoing a bunch of sayings would be lame, not necessarily stupid, just not as funny or desirable.

David
I myself will go for anything that is cool.  Lame is lame so somehow we have to come up with a cool tee shirt.  As for 16, there is no significance as far as the club goes, just the 16th NYPOWER event.

Perhaps instead of like de evolution of rocketry we make a shirt with rocket motors  A's through N's.  Across the top of the back list NYPOWER 16, MARS at Geneseo, NY 2011.  Underneath the motor pictures something like A's through N's....it's all good.

There.  That is my last lame suggestion.  Now give me the prize.  Smile

Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Get an image of an curvy Barrett-Jackson type car from the 60s (with tail fins, of course) and use the "sweet sixteen" idea. Rig up an image that has a bunch of rockets sticking out the back of said car, makes the sweet sixteen thing even better.  Michelle's dad has a '56 'Vette convertible, I wonder if he'd let us stuff it full of rockets for a picture?  LOL, probably not as he just finished restoring it.  And there'd be snow in the background.

Things like "legal in southern states" make for a shirt that won't be bought for kids and some will find offensive...  Fun as it is to speculate in that direction.

I agree with David, the "what could go wrong" worked well with the 13th NYP for obvious reasons.  We kept it clean, too.  No reason for doing similar things with the 16th....

N
Ok...one more.  How about a NYP birthday cake with 16 rockets instead of candles.  I know...lame.  I hang my head in shame.

Nat, I like the car with motors protruding idea.  Just tell Michelle's dad that with the rockets, it would be one of a kind.  That is until we ignite them.
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
We really do not need to constrain ourselves with anything having to do with the number 16.  Set that number free and open your minds to wholly new ideas.  NYP13 was the only shirt where the theme was related to the number.  Doing the same with 16 will be a 'retread' idea.

How about an L3 cert theme?
John Derimiggio
(02-01-2011, 06:49 PM)jderimig link Wrote: How about an L3 cert theme?

I'm the proud owner of two tubes and lots of potential...  ;-)  I think Jim is going to be ready to fly his cert next week at the rate he's going.....  Who else we got, and will you be ready!?

N
L3--

I am currently filling out the paperwork for Dutch. I hope to have the fin assembly done for show and tell in February.

David