Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbytown USA in Amherst
For those people living in the Buffalo area, I thought I'd pass on some info. The Hobbytown USA hobby shop on Sheridan Dr. near Sweet Home Rd. has closed up. I don't think they gave any warning. The sign on the door says "problems with our lease, hope to re-open soon". But the store has been stripped of anything not bolted down. So to me, doesn't look good. For us rocket people, they didn't have much. But it's sad to see another one bite the dust.
David Haas
NAR #13780
hobbies that require actually making something is becoming a thing of the past.
we need a X-box game about launching rockets.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
It is sad.  I think the main driving force is the economy.  People don't have the residual income to spend on their hobbies.  Me, if I have to stand on a corner street with a sign that reads "Will panhandle for Rockets"  Forget work, just show me the money.
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
This last season of flying for us was all panhandling, you just have to have your priorities!!
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
(11-05-2010, 11:44 PM)Bill Clune link Wrote: hobbies that require actually making something is becoming a thing of the past.

Bill is not far off.  Why do you think Estes has a ready-to-fly line?  Most folks don't want the mess of kids glueing and painting things.  If it wasn't for Legos most kids wouldn't get an opportunity to build stuff when they play.  My son enjoys flying rockets, but is not nearly as hooked as I am.  I'm just hoping when he grows up and has kids he'll remember flying rockets with me and build one with his kids.  

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499