Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altimeter Bay Pics
Here's some early pictures of the Altimeter bay and sled for my current project.  Thanks to all who have offered the benefit of their wisdom, experience and help.  Batteries and switches are not mounted yet as I haven't finalized the design - mostly because I thought the sled would be bigger so the original layout won't work. ;D

Dale

Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Dale,  try again i increased the storage space for attachments.
John Derimiggio
Thanks, John!  Let me sneak these in as well.  Found an awesome 9-volt battery holder that David should like because it was super cheap! ;D  The holes in the sled are for the zip ties that will reinforce the brackets.  The others are before and after the Altimeter bay was added.

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Dale.  Very nice.  Now....let's see that sucka fly next weekend. Smile
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Dale great battery holders I have like 10000000 of those darn things.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
From the sublime to the ridiculous.  Here is my Av-bay for the Delilah flight for UYIW.  Right click - View Image for slightly larger picture.

[Image: delilah_av_bay.JPG]

Since I have 6! ematches (redundant NC event, apogee event, and tether main event)  wire color-coding and lead labeling goes a long way to making sure everything is hooked up correctly prior to launch.
John Derimiggio
Great Cesar's Ghost. . .  have you got enough wires running around inside that thing
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
(08-14-2010, 11:54 AM)Bill Clune link Wrote: Dale great battery holders I have like 10000000 of those darn things.
As you well know, Bill, they are not all created equally.  This pair was a heavy duty pair from an HP box.
(08-14-2010, 12:08 PM)jderimig link Wrote: From the sublime to the ridiculous.  Here is my Av-bay for the Delilah flight for UYIW. 
Now THAT's what I'm talking about!  Nice clean layout!
(08-14-2010, 07:56 PM)Bill Clune link Wrote: Great Cesar's Ghost. . .  have you got enough wires running around inside that thing
No, he doesn't.  I don't see a telemetry feed. Wink  Nothing ridiculous, John, that is a sweet rig!

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
(08-14-2010, 10:14 AM)Jim Goggins link Wrote: Dale.  Very nice.  Now....let's see that sucka fly next weekend. Smile
I'm working on it.  I've got the ejection charges dialed in with the static testing and the AV sled/bay is almost done.  Needs some paint and an altimeter test (and rail buttons).  Then I just have to convince our houseguests to come out and watch it fly. :-\

Keep your fingers crossed...

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Getting closer.  Here's how it all turned out, wired, soldered and tested.  I incorporated a switch to isolate the pyro channels, which made the diagnostics and testing easier (for me anyways).

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499