Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August Launch Planning - Weekend Impulse Record Attempt
Now with NYPOWER15 long passed its time to look forward to our next launch. 

As you all may know D.Vileria  ran out of time to get his L3 cert flight off.  So he will attempt it in August. 

Now we (Nat) doesn't want to drag out that big fat heavy YJ pad for just one flight do we?  I thought not, so we should attempt a club weekend impulse record!

Soooooo,

We'll have:

D.Vileria flying his L3 on a M1297
JD flying Delilah on an AMW M1350WW (already pre-built, thank you Doug)
JD flying HJ on an AMW L-700BB
Jim Goggins will fly (I'm sure) his Nike on a CTI L something.

who else we gonna get.... (I am thinking Tom K Phoenix on an L something).

I am sure we can count on Russ for at least a couple L's if he can make it.

This is going to be HUGE!
John Derimiggio
John,

I think you snorted just a bit too much AP standing near the far racks..... ;D

David
Sorry guys, Linda had already made plans for the both of us on the August 21-22weekend. I won't be able to make it to the launch so Doug V Sr will not be able to do his L3 cert then.

Sorry, I already told Doug this morning.

Dutch
I just wanna fly ROCKETS!!

Dutch
(07-26-2010, 03:47 PM)Mike Dutch link Wrote: Sorry guys, Linda had already made plans for the both of us on the August 21-22weekend. I won't be able to make it to the launch so Doug V Sr will not be able to do his L3 cert then.

Dutch

Oh well, that is too bad.  That's a real good reason to have another L3CC in this area to relieve your workload Mike.  What do you think?
John Derimiggio
(07-26-2010, 04:16 PM)jderimig link Wrote: [quote author=Mike Dutch link=topic=124.msg1277#msg1277 date=1280173634]
Sorry guys, Linda had already made plans for the both of us on the August 21-22weekend. I won't be able to make it to the launch so Doug V Sr will not be able to do his L3 cert then.

Dutch

Oh well, that is too bad.  That's a real good reason to have another L3CC in this area to relieve your workload Mike.  What do you think?
[/quote]

Or better yet, join TRA...

BTW, Russ might be making a run at his L3 next month.

Quote:Or better yet, join TRA...
TRA would be kewl but is there a TAP around here? Me thinks Deb K is the only one.

Quote:That's a real good reason to have another L3CC
I think there is a time wait before you can apply to join the CC, Has Chris Prinzi been an L3 long enough to qualify as a CC? if he would even be able to it?
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Jim Livingston.

L3CC, no time wait, time does not make you competitent.  You submit your qualifications the current committee votes.
John Derimiggio
Quote:time does not make you competitent.
Hey, I resemble that remark!!   ;D

If there is no time limit then I think you and CP need to get applying!!
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Back to keep this thread on topic.

I propose we call the August launch

UP Your Impulse Weekend!

L0 flyers get 1 raffle ticket for each 20 N-s of impulse they fly
L1 flyers get 1 raffle ticket for each 100 N-s ......
L2 flyers get 1 raffle ticket for each 400 N-s ......
L3 flyers get 1 raffle ticket for each 1250 N-s ......
you may use left over raffle tickets from last years Honest John weekend in case there number gets called.

We may be adding another M cert flight......

John Derimiggio
UP YOUR IMPULSE WEEKEND.  I love the name.

As for the raffle tickets, I am not falling for that one again.  Ok, you sucked me in.... I think loads of L1 flights would get me numerous tickets but I am throwing caution to the wind and will go with an L flight.  I still ask myself why do I keep falling for this ticket scam?  :Smile

We might consider calling our September Launch, AP Overload.  Have some tee shirts made with a rocket and next to it various size grains.  All in color of course. 
Jim Goggins NAR  L3