Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Training - Level 1 Certification
The option of using a borrowed casing had not really occured to me, so I'll keep it in mind.  The I364FJ was the other load for the 720 that Nat was talking about, but I'm not sure I want to fly that on my L1 certification flight.  I'm curious about the ejection charges in the reloadable system as well.  Are they included with the reload are are you expected to BYOBP?  Until you folks mentioned returning a borrowed case clean, I hadn't thought about cleaning at all.  Any tips on cleaning solvents, supplies or techniques?  This is my first reloadable motor so the thought of cleaning hadn't occured to me.  Seems like an obvious step, like cleaning a gun to keep it functioning as designed,  just not sure what to use.  Also, how often do they need to be cleaned?  Can you fly two or three times in a day and then clean, or clean before every use?  Not having built up a collection of my own yet, I'm wondering if I limit myself by not owning multiple cases.  I only have one rocket to fly come August, so I hope to fly it more than once (if I can avoid the need for repairs).

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Dale.

Everything you need is included in the reload package from grains, to spacers, to black powder.  Or you can use a CTI load for ease of construction.  The choice is yours.  Smile
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
Dale,

BP is included in the reloads.

Clean after each use with general purpose spray cleaner (fantastik, 409, orange etc), or wet wipes.

The club also has a 29-240 AT motor for loan, as well as a CTI 38mm 2grain and 5 grain.
John Derimiggio
Team Clune has the AeroTech 29-180,240,360
also have CTI cases in 29 and 38mm
and the loki 38 240 and 480 case
might even have an AMW 38-620
oops cant forget my favorite Kosdon 38 that can fit a Kosdon by Aerotech I301 White lighting my favorite I motor only $29.99 for that load.

you start collecting this stuff and wish you had bought bigger ;D

BTW your wife will never like rockets soo learn to take the abuse, they only stay mad for a few days. there are 365 days a year you only get 10 to fly rockets.
Bill Clune L2 | NAR#88583
MARS Club|SRC|METRA|MDRA - Forever
Bill,

No telling where she will end up on rockets in general.  Hell, I met her in Advanced Cobol programming class, so it's not like she didn't know I was a geek.  In a cruel twist of fate some very good friends of ours from Arizona called yesterday to say they are coming to visit in a couple of months.  Bet you can guess what weekend if you try real hard. Sad

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
Bring them along. You never know that might enjoy it!! Smile
Personally i put all the launch days on a calendar for Mars, pyro and the big launches in Maryland. anyone who wants me to attend something needs to know those days i am not available for ANY Reason, the wife is mad for a few days!!
you have to have your priorities 8)
Good plan.  That might work for next year.  I found MARS too late this year to avoid the prior committment curse.  Better planning for next year.

Dale
Dale Stoyer - L3
NAR #91256
TRA #13499
We are like Bill.  ALL rocket dates are calendar listed.  Nothing takes priority over rocket launches.  Well, perhaps no pulse.  Smile
Jim Goggins NAR  L3
I must admit that I did miss the Saturday morning of the first May launch because Melody had a Girl Scout daughter Daddy thing.

When Beth's friend planned her babies Baptism on the second weekend sorry GOD parents or not I had to pass, you must have your priorities!!